Nature Play Conference 2018
Take Me Outside – Connecting Children and Parks
Friday 9th March
Let’s get inspired together!
What is it about:
As the nature play movement grows in New Zealand, we want to provide you a way to connect with like minded people while gaining knowledge and confidence to use nature as the teacher. Come and join us for a day of inspiration with some amazing New Zealand speakers, who will be exploring our children’s connection to their local environment through conversation and interaction. Our speakers will explore the research, risk attitudes and the benefits of risky play, urban design and education and environmental education.
Who is it aimed at:
This conference is aimed at educators and those who work directly and indirectly with 0-7 years old (ECE educators and primary teachers, urban planners/designers, enthusiastic parents)
People will leave the conference:
- Having connected and networked with like-minded people
- Gaining an understanding of the New Zealand research that supports children spending time in nature and engaging in age appropriate risky play
- Armed with knowledge to support them in getting children outdoors and into their local environment
- With a deeper understanding of place based education and how important having a connection to nature is
- Understanding why connecting children to their urban parks is so important in this day and age
- Having gathered knowledge and ideas on how they can use their local parks and reserves for natural play
- With real life examples of how other educators are using their local spaces and how they have worked through any barriers
- Participants will gather ideas on how to create nature play spaces
- Inspired by new ideas
Speakers and Workshops:
We have a wonderful group of speakers and workshops! Please click the button to find out more.
Click the button to see the programme for the conference.
- Early Bird Registration $185 (up to 31st December 2017)
- Standard Registration $210
- Group Discount: For 4 or more from the same centre / school / organisation $175 p.p.
Registration includes lunch, morning and afternoon tea.
The conference will be held at the Botanic Gardens Conference room (behind the information centre/cafe). This is a great central location and in the beautiful surrounds of the Botanic Gardens. Here is a link to the location on google maps: Click Here.
The YMCA in the city (12 Hereford Street), has kindly offered any attendees that have to travel to the conference, a 10% discount on accommodation. They have a variety of accommadation options including single, twin, executive all at very reasonable prices. If you would like to take them up on this offer you will need to book directly through them with the code LKC2018
We have two methods of payment. PayPal and for organisations that need to be invoiced there is an invoicing registration option. Follow the Book Now link below and if you need to be invoiced then click on the link at the top of the page that says ‘follow this link to be invoiced’.
Still have questions?
Contact Celia at firstname.lastname@example.org